1. Navigate to Client Management -> Payroll -> Memo Calculations
2. Click Add New and select Memo Hours as the Memo Type and title it appropriately then click Save.
3. Navigate to Client Management -> Benefits -> Absence Policies.
4. Click Add New and title the Absence Policy appropriately. Do not select an Earning or Accrual Type. Check the box for Include in Timecard Processing. If employees should be able to request the time off, check the box to Allow Time Off Requests. Enter 99 as the Max Duration Days and then click Save.
5. Navigate to Client Management -> Time Management -> Hours Allocation Rules.
6. Select the appropriate Hours Allocation Rule Set and then click Add New Rule. Title the rule appropriately and select Assign to Hours as the Rule Type then click Next.
7. Select your Memo Calculation as the Earning Applied then click Next.
8. Select a default labor if applicable. If not applicable, click Next.
9. Choose Per Occurrence as the Group Period then click Next.
10. Target (No Earning) and then click Next.
11. Apply the Condition Type “Hour Matches Absence Policies” and then click Next.
12. Select the Absence Policy you previously set up and then click Save.
13. Test your rules by creating an unpaid absence under Employee Self-Service -> Time -> Employee Absences and check their timecard to ensure the memo calculation is being applied. Be sure to delete the absence when finished confirming it is functioning.