Problem: An incorrectly formatted Self-Service Email Address was entered into the address field and the field is locked to edits.
Example: User entered an EE’s email address in the format of mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org instead of the correctly formatted email@example.com. This locked the email field to editing.
1. Open up a new Excel Spreadsheet.
2. Save it to your desktop as ESSEmailImport.
3. Create 3 Columns with the following headers (No Spaces):
a. Column A: EmployeeNumber(Enter the Employee Number in Row 2)
b. Column B: SelfServiceEnabled(Enter “N” in Row 2)
c. Column C: SelfServiceEmail(Leave Blank)
4. Save and close the Excel Spreadsheet
- In iSolved go to Conversion Management >> Data Imports
a. Import Type: Employee
b. Template: Default
c. File Format: Spreadsheet (Excel)
d. Attach File: (click the three dots to the right to attach the file)
e. Default Company: Select the correct company
f. Default Pay Group: (use default – not important)
g. Employee Import Mode: Update Existing Only
h. Click Next.
i. Once the report runs and there are no errors, Click Next.
2. Return to Employee Management >> EmployeeMaintenance >> General
3. The Self-Service Email will be editable.
4. Correct the Email, select “Enable Self-Service Access”
You can use the Data Conversion Master for Imports.
Navigate to the University >> Click Library >> Under the Tax and Import Resources tab, click Data Conversion Master for Imports. Then download the Excel document.