Questions to ask prior to setting up GTL:
- Is your coverage amount based on a multiplication of the salary or is it a standard coverage amount?
- Can you provide coverage amount by employee?
- Do you calculate Income Tax (Federal and State) for coverage over $50,000.00?
1. Navigate to Client Management -> Payroll -> Earnings.
2. Click Add New and select either GTL – WH or GTL – No WH depending on client directions. Name the code and click Save.
3. Navigate to Client Management -> Benefits -> Benefit Types.
4. Click Add New and give the Benefit Type a Title. Select the System Benefit Type of Group Term Life and then click Save.
5. Navigate to Employee Management -> Employee Benefits -> Group Term Life and select an employee.
6. Click Add New and enter a Start Date. Often GTL will be based on a multiplication of the employee’s salary, other times it will be a standard coverage amount. Enter the appropriate figure in the appropriate box based on the information provided by the client.