To update an employee's deductions, go to Employee Pay > Deductions.
Once you're in that screen and have chosen the employee you wish to work with, you will see a list of available deductions on the left side of the screen. If you are making a change that should be effective the next time you run a payroll, here's how to make an update:
- Choose the deduction you wish to update on the left side of the screen.
- On the right side of the screen, enter the new deduction rate (percent or amount).*
- Leave the Start Date and Stop Date blank.
- Hit Save in the blue bar at the top.
If you want to schedule a deduction to start (or stop) on a future pay period, you can use the Start (or Stop) Date feature in step 3 instead of leaving them blank.
Keep in mind that the effective dates refer to pay periods rather than check dates. This comes into play if you pay your employees in arrears. Example: If the pay period for your 3/31/17 check date is 3/7/17 - 3/20/17, a Start Date of 3/31/17 would actually make a deduction start on the next payroll ... pay period 3/21/17 - 4/4/17, check date 4/14/17, when 3/31 is within the pay period dates.
*If you get the message below when you select the deduction, you will need to make the update in Employee Benefits > Benefit Plans:
- Go to Employee Benefits > Benefit Plans.
- Choose the Benefit you wish to update.
- Hit Edit in the blue bar across the middle of the screen.
- Update the plan and/or rate.
- Hit Save in the blue bar.**
**If you are uncomfortable with/unfamiliar with the Employee Benefits are of iSolved, please contact DP Customer Service for assistance!